Monday, July 9, 2012

Pre-adventure Ponderings


I would like to start this blog with a very important observation…it takes FOREVER to pack for a month-long trip, people…just fyi.

But to start back at the beginning, I can honestly say I’m not sure where the beginning starts.  I’m 25 years old and have been blessed with a life full of opportunities, awesome friends, amazing family and great experiences along the way.  Sure I’ve had bad times, times of uncertainty and grief, but also times of complete confidence and always an underlying joy.  All of that seemed to come together to contribute to a very important decision I made just a few months ago. 

After several months of thinking and praying, I came to the conclusion it was time to move on from my position at SouthLight, a counseling center for clients that struggle with drug and alcohol addiction, and move on to the next opportunity that the Lord has for me.  Problem is… I’m not exactly sure what that is.  I’ve never been more uncertain of what will happen next in my life but at the same time I’ve never been more certain that I made the right decision.  God has a plan in store and now more than ever I’m ready to dive into that plan holding nothing back.

That brings me to now.  For almost a year now, one of my best friends & roommate, Rebecca, have joked about traveling across the US. Well, somewhere along the way those jokes turned into true statements and soon after I decided the resign from my job we made this tour of the USA official.  Rebecca resigned from her job as well and then it was decided – in July we would take off across America to major landmarks, cities, to visit family and friends, to explore and simply live boldly.

So here we are on the open road in the United States.  We planned a route and calculated expenses and we went.  Next to be being a part of a church plant team, I’m not sure I’ve ever done anything this bold or slightly crazy or completely exciting, but I’m glad I did and I can’t wait to see what God has in store for us and this trip and others along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment